Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Blog Ever/ Guatemala



Hi there! I have always been a cynic of blogs but decided to give it a shot. My life is basically a whole bunch of randomness but the 2 things that have always been a constant love for me (besides AJ of course) are photography and traveling, so I guess that will be what the majority of my blog will consist of. I have spent a lot of time this past year traveling and taking photos and one day in the very near future I hope to make a career out of photography, but still have a lot of learning to do so while I am in the process of that learning I will Share all of my adventures with you all!

Most recently I spent a week in Guatemala. I had no idea what to expect going down there and was pleasantly surprised. I spent most of my time in Antigua visiting a good friend of mine who moved down there to work for Habitat for Humanity, and spend 2 days at Lake Atitlan and a day at Mt. Picaya climbing an active volcano.


Guatemala is a gorgeous country filled with cobblestone roads, colorful buildings, farmers markets, and ancient ruins. One major downside was the poverty (and the fact that you had to throw your toilet paper in the trash can since the plumbing couldn't handle it...gross). The streets are filled with young women and children peddling scarves, blankets, jewelry, and other crafty items to earn money for their families. It broke my heart seeing the way that some people have to live down there.











No comments:

Post a Comment