Monday, March 8, 2010

Okinawa



As most of you know my boyfriend is deployed right now but for the time leading up to his deployment and the few months after, he was/will be based in Okinawa. I have gone out there twice to visit for 2 weeks each trip and it was amazing. I think I am a little biased to this place because thats where AJ lives so I am always happy when I am there. But it is a gorgeous Island.


We hiked to Hiji falls which is a beautiful waterfall and hiking area. Despite the "preese do not swim" warnings the guys had a blast playing around in the water anyways.


There is a lot to do and see. Shuri Castle is the reconstruction of the palace of the former Ryukyu kings.


The water over there is the clearest and warmest that I have ever seen. Okuma is a fun place where we went snorkling, wakeboarding, and rented wave runners.


I plan on going back for AJ's homecoming in June and I CAN'T wait!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment