Monday, March 8, 2010

The UK

This summer my brother and I went to the UK. We spend 4 days in Ireland and 4 days in London. Ireland was a fun and beautiful place. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would go back in a heartbeat.


We went on a tour of Wicklow and to a centuries old monastery and graveyard. Wicklow is where many movies based in Ireland are filmed (PS I love you, among others that I can't remember at the moment). For those of you who know me well, you know I have a fascination with graveyards, and this was by far one of the coolest ones I have seen.

In Dublin we walked around Trinity College (awesome), and enjoyed the live music. There is live music EVERYWHERE and it is all really entertaining!! I wish I had a longer time in the country to travel around and explore more, so hopefully I will return one day. 4 days was not enough!



London, for me personally, was a different story. I have talked to so many people who just love it there, but I found that after day 2 I was bored. Perhaps that stemmed from the fact that I was poor and everything there requires an abundant amount of spending money. Dont get me wrong, I enjoyed my time there and liked some aspects of the city, but it probably isnt somewhere I would return right away.


We did meet some interesting Characters and saw all of the famous landmarks which I am so thankful to have seen!....The architecture there is absolutely gorgeous.

The view at night wasn't too shabby either. Is it weird that I thought of Harry Potter the whole time I was there? :-)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed, Dev's! You're such a talented photographer! Keep it up, and good luck in North Carolina! :-)

    ReplyDelete