Monday, March 8, 2010

Sydney

In November I was fortunate enough to go to Sydney, Australia over Thanksgiving with my Dad and his brother's family. Honestly, I went over there thinking it was going to be just like Orange County and that I wouldn't be all that impressed, but I was so wrong. I fell in Love.


In a lot of ways it is like Orange County. It is a warm and beachy place. But it is different in the fact that it is also a city. It reminded me of a mix between Seattle, San Francisco, and New York....minus all the bad things about each of those cities. The public transportation is always on time. Im talking to the T! There is no trash and very little pollution. And there are literally only 2 homeless people in the whole city. It was somewhere that I could definitely see myself living and a place that I hope to return to someday soon.


There was an amazing wilderness park with all sorts of animals. My favorite part was petting and feeding the kangaroos, wallabies and koalas.

Summer had just begun so we had a blast playing around in the waves (even though i still found the water to be a little cold for my taste!)

My absolute favorite thing about Sydney was the skyline at night. The harbor lit up so beautifully at night and I could truly never get sick of looking out at that view.

No comments:

Post a Comment